Education is a never-ending journey. If it sounds a bit philosophical and you have ever distrusted philosophers, e-learning trends are bound to change your opinion. Education truly knows no age or geographical barrier and the distance learning schools in America are in the constant endeavor to make more people believe in this fact. You will definitely find plenty of job oriented courses online. But there are hundreds of other degree programs that are not designed for job seekers, but for the avid learners, people who just want to get the hang of anything that interest them. Here are five fun facts about online education that might interest you.
- Non-traditional courses are on a rise. Aside from the online business degree programs and criminal justice degree programs, people are looking for courses like culinary arts and barbering as well. Not that these programs are not job-oriented. But the very thought that barbering is taught can be very riveting. The e-colleges are offering a cornucopia of these programs and even if do not take interest in business or paralegal studies, you can pursue a pet grooming course online.
- Courses are comprehensive now like never before. Until a few years ago, completely online education was unthinkable and blended learning was the only option for distance education enthusiasts. However, with the emergence of online education as a suitable alternative to traditional models, many colleges have started offering purely online courses. A vast majority of these courses aims to nurture ‘ready skills’ in the students.
- The more aged you are, the more competent you are for pursuing a course online. Sounds absurd? Well, the fact that almost half of the baby boomers are picking up online degrees now can be inspiring enough for many of you. Yes, the grey-haired boomers are now going back to schools and sharing coursework with their junior course mates. Just bring to the table the skills and experience you have earned through years.
- You can learn till your last breath. Online colleges do not restrict their elder students. Yes, you can earn a medical degree online at the age of 72 also. It is you who has to choose which degree you should pursue and nobody really is there to put a ceiling on.
- Going to college is always fun. You can take part in discussion with the millennial gen people and share online learning space with them. What’s more, you can actually study and get engaged in collaborative learning activities along with the schoolfellows from around the world.
Learning is fun!